Union Cabinet approved MoU between India & Jordan for promoting cooperation in IT & Electronics
The MoU will augment implementing institutional and capacity building cooperation programme aimed at fostering partnerships between the two countries.
The Union Cabinet on 30 December 2015 approved Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Jordan for promoting cooperation in the field of information technology and electronics.
The MoU was signed by both the countries in October 2015.
Its objective is to develop and strengthen industrial, technological and commercial cooperation between the two countries in Information Technology and Electronics (IT&E) sector.
It also tries to implement institutional and capacity building cooperation programme aimed at fostering partnerships between the two countries.
The main areas of co-operation under the MoU include-
• Identifying Capacity Building areas and specific needs of Jordanian IT sector, Design, Plan and implement IT Capacity Building Programmes for the benefit to Jordan
• Cooperation among private and public entities of both countries in the areas of investment and business promotion
• Strengthening of collaboration in the IT&E sector in the areas of e-education, e-Governance, m-Governance, e-health and telemedicine
• Sharing of best practices in the areas of regulatory policy and the institutional framework with special emphasis on developing internationally competitive IT&E manufacturing and services industry
• Participation in International events organized by each country, as appropriate and exchange of experts
• Other areas as jointly decided by the Parties
The above areas of cooperation will be realized through establishing a Working Group on IT&E composed of representatives of the Parties.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App