Union Cabinet approved signing of MoC between India and Japan on Industrial Property
The MoC will focus on capacity building, human resource development and awareness generation.
The Union Cabinet on 24 June 2015 gave its approval for signing of a Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) between the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP) and the Japan Patent Office (JPO), Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japan.
The MoC is aimed at establishing a framework for bilateral cooperation in the field of industrial property (IP) with emphasis on capacity building, human resource development and awareness generation.
Under the MoC, both the countries will implement a biennial action plan comprising cooperation projects and activities. Some of them are
• Information sharing on IP Protection Systems and Practices
• Cooperation in the area of examination, including utilization of the examiner-exchange program
• Cooperation in the scheme of the Patent Cooperation Treaty
• Assistance in developing IP infrastructure
• Capacity building in the use of IT infrastructure
• Information provision and awareness building for the general public
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App