The Union Cabinet, presided by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on 28 June 2017 approved signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Israel on National Campaign for Water Conservation in India.
The MoU will help India in conserving water for future generations.
As per the agreement, the two nations will work to enhance cooperation at the national, regional and international level to design, implement and monitor a professionally-designed National Water Conservation campaign in India.
The Ministries of the both the countries agreed to jointly work on the water conservation campaign to achieve the following objectives:
• Put water conservation on the national agenda in India.
• Encouraging every citizen to save water in everyday life.
• Generating awareness about water.
• Promoting Re-use, Recharge and Recycling of water.
• Development of digital tools such as websites, mobile applications on the subject of water conservation.
Who: Union Cabinet
When: 28 June 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.