The Ministry of Urban Development on 26 November 2015 approved an investment of 3120 crore rupees investment plans for basic urban infrastructure boost for 102 cities approved under Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT).
The plans will enhance water supply, sewerage network services, storm water drains, non-motorised transport and availability of public spaces in 102 cities, under AMRUT.
Besides, an inter-ministerial Apex Committee approved State level Annual Action Plans for 2015-16 with an investment of 438 crore rupees for Haryana (18 AMRUT cities), 573 crore rupees for Chattisgarh (9 AMRUT cities), 416 crore rupees for Telangana (12 AMRUT cities), 588 crore rupees for Kerala (9 AMRUT cities) and 1105 crore rupees for West Bengal (54 AMRUT cities).
Key highlights of investment plans
• The Apex Committee approved investments in different basic urban infrastructure areas as proposed by respective state governments.
• Ministry of Urban Development will provide an assistance 1540 crore rupees which is about 50 perecnt of total approved project expenditure.
• Total investment in water supply projects in 58 mission states will be 2386 crore rupees.
• Sewerage projects will demand an investment of 495 crore rupees in 17 cities.
• A total of 106 crore rupees will be invested on storm water drains in 9 cities.
• Urban transport will seek an investment of 61 crore rupees in 9 cities.
• Around 72 crore rupees will be invested on development of parks and green spaces in all the 102 cities.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 26 November 2015