The Union Ministry of Urban Development (MoUD) on 7 January 2016 approved the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) for Punjab and Uttarakhand for the year 2015-16. The plans were approved by an inter-ministerial Apex Committee under the State Annual Action Plans (SAAP).
Highlights of the Atal Mission Plan for Punjab
• Punjab Government will invest 720 crore rupees in improving basic urban infrastructure in 16 cities.
• Under the SAAP for 2015-16, Punjab Government will invest 365 crore rupees in 46 water supply related projects.
• It will invest 288 crore rupees in 37 sewerage and septage management projects, 56 crore rupees for improving urban transport in Amritsar and 12 crore rupees for providing open parks and green spaces in 16 mission cities.
• In Punjab, coverage of households in 16 mission cities with water supply connections is ranged from 28 percent in Khanna to 93 percent in Mohali.
• Water supply is in the range of 67 litres per capita per day in Khanna to 240 liters in Jalandhar.
• Punjab has reported the best infrastructure in respect of sewerage treatment in 12 of the 16 mission cities. Only Amritsar, Barnala, Batala and Firozpur are lagging behind in this regard for which projects have been proposed under SAAP for 2015-16.
Highlights of the Atal Mission Plan for Uttarakhand
• Uttarakhand will spend 267 crore rupees in 6 cities under action plan.
• Uttarakhand Government has proposed to spend 133 crore rupees in 20 water supply related projects in 6 mission cities.
• It will invest 110 crore rupees in 6 sewerage and septage management projects, 18 crore rupees in 5 storm water drainage projects and 6 crore rupees on provision of open parks and green spaces.
• In 6 Atal Mission cities in Uttarakhand, coverage of households with water connections is 11 percent in Rudrapur, 15 percent in Kashipur, 49 percent in Rourkee, 78 percent in Dehradun, 80 percent in Haldwani and 90 percent in Haridwar.
• There are no sewerage networks in Rudrapur and Kashipur while the coverage is to the extent of 10 percent in Haldwani, 15 percent in Dehradun, 23 percent in Rourkee and 52 percent in Haridwar.
• Under SAAP for 2015-16 under Atal Mission, Uttarakhand Government has proposed to invest 67 crore rupees in Rudrapur, 59 crore rupees in Dehradun, 50 crore rupees in Kathgodam, 39 crore rupees in Haridwar, 37 crore rupees in Haldwani and 37 crore rupees in Roorki.
With this, the MoUD has approved city level Service Level Improvement Plans (SLIPs) for 469 cities and towns in 20 States with a total project expenditure of 20137 crore rupees out of which central assistance will be about 10000 crore rupees.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Union Government
When: 7 January 2016