The Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD) of the Ministry Social Justice and Empowerment on 31 March 2016 launched the Inclusiveness and Accessibility Index.
The index seeks to help the industries and corporates to participate in the Accessible India Campaign (AIC) by voluntarily evaluating their readiness for making the workplace accessible for Persons with Disabilities.
Features of Inclusiveness and Accessibility Index
• It enables the organisations to introspect over their inclusive policies and organisational culture in aid of PwDs, employment of such workforce and adaptations to meet the needs of PwDs.
• The index toolkit aims at assessing the current stage of inclusiveness and accessibility of persons with disabilities by an organisation.
• It can also act as a guide for taking progressive steps to increase support, inclusiveness and accessibility towards persons/employees with disabilities.
• It can be applied and used by organisations irrespective of their size and scale.
• It was prepared with a holistic approach in collaboration with the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Where: New Delhi
When: 31 March 2016