The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) under Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry on 31 March 2016 launched the Startup India portal http://startupindia.gov.in and mobile app in New Delhi.
The key features of the portal and app are:
• The portal and mobile app provide timely information on various notifications and circulars issued by various Government ministries and departments, towards creation of a conducive ecosystem for Startups.
• They also provide information regarding incubators and funding agencies recognized for the purpose of recommending Startups.
• A comprehensive list of FAQs is also available to help Startups, Incubators and Funding Agencies use the portal and mobile app more effectively.
Startup India Hub:
• The Startup India Hub was established within Invest India will be a single point of contact for the entire Startup ecosystem which would enable exchange of knowledge.
• The Hub will work in a hub and spoke model with Governments, VCs, Angel Funds, Incubators, Mentors, etc.
• It will assist Startups through their lifecycle, on all aspects, such as providing mentorship, incubator facilities, IPR support, funding etc.
• The Hub will be operational from 10:00 AM to 5:30 PM on working days and can be reached via the toll free number: 1800115565 or the email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application for Startup Recognition:
• Entities that fulfil the criteria as per the definition of Startup and are incorporated or registered in India, can obtain recognition as a Startup to avail various benefits listed in the Startup India Action Plan.
• The process of recognition is simple and user friendly and involves a single page application form that a user can fill either through a web interface or through mobile app.
• Formats of the recommendation or support letters that need to be attached as part of the application form have been published on the portal and mobile app.
Real Time Startup Recognition:
• A real time recognition certificate is provided to Startups on completion of the application process. A digital version of the final certificate of recognition is available for download, through the portal and mobile app.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
• A request for certificate of eligibility for tax exemptions from Inter-ministerial Board will be made simultaneously by selection of a simple option.
Verification of Recognition Certificate:
• The certificate of recognition is verifiable through the portal and mobile app by entering the Startup Recognition and Certificate Number.
Approval of Inter-Ministerial Board:
• DIPP has also setup an Inter-Ministerial Board to verify the eligibility of Startups opting to avail Tax and IPR related benefits and to provide a certificate of eligibility to innovative Startups.
• The Startup India initiative was launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 16 January 2016 at Vigyan Bhavan in New Delhi. He also released Startup India Action Plan.
• The Action Plan highlights initiatives envisaged by the Government to develop a conducive Startup ecosystem in the country.
• As an integral component of the Action Plan, a Startup India portal and mobile app were envisaged to be implemented. The portal and app have accordingly released.
When: 31 March 2016