P K Sinha, Cabinet Secretary of Union Government, on March 8, 2018 launched 'I-Metros', an association of all Indian Metro Rail companies.
The association was launched during the Conference on 'Indian Metros: Collaborating for Excellence'. The conference was attended by representatives of Metro systems from all over the world who are in Delhi to attend the management meeting of the Community of Metros (CoMET).
'I - Metros’
• The platform will be a forum for exchange of ideas, knowledge and sharing of experience among the Indian Metro Rail companies to nurture excellence in performance.
• It will be registered under the Society Registration Act 1860.
• The objective behind the formation of this association is to provide a common platform for all Metro rail companies for sharing experience, information, best practices, innovations, etc.
• This association will also promote techno-economic studies and research.
• It will work to safeguard the interest and rights of metro rail companies and will be resource tank of information for decision making.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
The Operator’s Story
Cabinet Secretary P K Sinha also released 'The Operator’s Story', a joint publication by World Bank and Railway and Transport Strategy Centre (RTSC) of Imperial College London on findings of the research on “What makes Metros successful”.
The report gives guidance to Metro developers and operators on what drives its long-term success and sustainability, considering the train’s physical characteristics, planning and design, and its funding and financial framework.
Who: Union Government
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.