The Union Minister of Labour and Employment Bandaru Dattatreya on 1 May 2017 launched two schemes- One IP- Two Dispensaries and Aadhaar based Online Claim Submission on the occasion of International Labour Day 2017.
All about One IP- Two Dispensaries Scheme
• Due to the non-availability of option of second dispensary, the dependant members of family are often deprived of medical benefits as till now, insured persons (IP) had an option of choosing one dispensary for self and family.
• By introducing the concept of ‘One IP- Two Dispensaries’, Employee's State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) gives an option to an IP to choose two dispensaries, one for self and another for family through an employer.
• From now onwards, individuals as well as their family members will be able to get treatment from either of the dispensaries and in case of emergency from any ESI Institution.
• This scheme will benefit all IPs, especially migrant workers who are working in other than home State, while their families are living in their native States.
• As of now, around 3 crore IPs are covered under ESIC and total number of is over 12 crore.
All about Aadhaar based Online Claim Submission scheme
• Under this scheme, all EPF Members, who have activated their Universal Account Number (UAN) and seeded their KYC details with Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO), will now be able to directly apply for PF final settlement (form19), Pension withdrawal benefit (Form10-C) and PF part withdrawal (Form31) from the their UAN Interface.
• These three forms collectively make for more than 80 per cent of EPFO’s claim workload.
• Members can complete the whole process online and they neither need to interact with the employer nor with the EPFO field office to submit online claim.
• Moreover, members are not required to give any supporting document while preferring online PF part withdrawal case.
When: 1 May 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.