Union Government lays foundation stone for 32 projects in Uttarakhand under Namami Gange programme
20 projects worth Rs 871.74 crore pertain to sewage treatment and infrastructure in different parts of Uttarakhand. Six projects are in Haridwar that includes construction of Sewerage Treatment Projects in Jagjeetpur and Sarai under PPP based Hybrid Annuity model. The total cost of projects in Haridwar is Rs 414.20 crore.
The foundation stone for 32 projects costing about Rs 905 crore was laid down in Uttarakhand on 19 December 2017 under Namami Gange programme in the presence of Minister of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Satyapal Singh and Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat.
Two Sewerage Treatment Projects (STP) worth about Rs 12.83 crore were inaugurated in Gangotri and Badrinath during the event.
32 projects in Uttarakhand under Namami Gange programme
• 20 projects worth Rs 871.74 crore pertain to sewage treatment and infrastructure in different parts of Uttarakhand.
• Six projects are in Haridwar that includes construction of Sewerage Treatment Projects in Jagjeetpur and Sarai under PPP based Hybrid Annuity model. The total cost of projects in Haridwar is Rs 414.20 crore.
• There are projects related to sewage treatment in Uttarkashi, Muni-ki-Reti, Kirti Nagar, Srinagar, Rudra Prayag, Badrinath, Joshimath, Chamoli, Nand Prayag and Karn Prayag.
• Ghat development works in Tehri Garhwal, Rudra Prayag and Chamoli.
• Interception and diversion (I&D) work of Rs 85.14 crore and Sewage treatment work of Rs 244.91 crore in Jagjeetpur.
• I & D work of Rs 31.46 crore sewage treatment work of Rs 52.64 crore in Sarai.
• Sewerage Treatment Projects at Tapovan (Rs 2.1 crore), Swarga Ashram (Rs 4.5 crore) and Uttarkashi (Rs 10.03 crore)
• I & D and Sewerage Treatment Projects in Rishikesh (Rs 158 crore), Muni Ki Reti (Rs 80.45 crore), Kirti Nagar (Rs 4.2 crore), Srinagar (Rs 22.5 crore), Rudra Prayag (Rs 13.1 crore), Badrinath (Rs 18.23 crore), Joshimath (Rs 48.42 crore), Chamoli (Rs 61.8 crore) and Nand Prayag (Rs 6.4 crore).
• Sewerage Treatment Project rehabilitation work in Srinagar for Rs 15.4 crore.
• Ghat work in Tehri Garhwal (Rs 6 crore), Chamoli (Rs 24 crore) and Rudra Prayag (Rs 4.77 crore).
Once all these 32 projects get accomplished, the sewage water of all priority towns in Uttarakhand including Haridwar and Rishikesh will not go untreated into Ganga.
Twenty projects approved for implementation of Namami Gange Programme in Uttarakhand, Bihar, Jharkhand and Delhi
NMCG approves 8 Projects worth over Rs 700 Cr under Namami Gange Programme