The Union Minister for Human Resource Development Smriti Zubin Irani on 30 June 2016 launched the Prashikshak, a teacher education portal, with a vision to strengthen District Institutes of Education and Training (DIETs) and bring quality teachers into the Indian school education system.
For now, Prashiskshak Portal works only for DIETs, however it will cover block level institutes in the future and identify gaps at the bottom of the pyramid.
Highlights of the Portal
• Prashikshak is a unique IT initiative, a first of its kind in the country, which will contain a comprehensive database of all DIETs in the country with all relevant performance indicators.
• It will help benchmark DIETs to enable aspiring teachers to make informed choices about their future.
• It will give the opportunity to Union and State Governments to do real time monitoring of the institutions.
• The major users of Prashikshak will be Pre-service teacher educators, DIET principals and faculty, Policy makers at District, State Government and National Level and the General public.
• It was established through joint collaboration between UnionMinistry of Human Resource Development and Central Square Foundation.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 30 June 2016