Union MNRE announced the organisation of the first RE-INVEST Promotion Meet & Expo
The Union MNRE announced the organization of the first Renewable Energy Global Investors Meet & Expo (RE-INVEST).
The Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy ( MNRE) on 30 September 2014 announced the organisation of the first Renewable Energy Global Investors Meet & Expo (RE-INVEST). The meet is scheduled to be held on 15 February 2015 in New Delhi.
The central theme of the meet is to attract large scale investments in the renewable energy sector in India. The event, which is the follow-up to the Make in India initiative, is proposed to be inaugurated by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
It will be the first major platform for investment promotion in the renewable energy sector at the level of Government of India.
Highlights of the RE-INVEST Promotion Meet & Expo
• RE-INVEST will be jointly organised by Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA), Confederation of Indian Industry(CII) and Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
• Moreover, other leading industrial and sector specific Associations including ASSOCHAM and PHDCII will also be closely associated.
• RE-INVEST will enable the global investment community to connect with renewable energy stakeholders in India. Over 1000 delegates are expected to attend the Meet.
• The event is expected be attended by over 200 investors including domestic and international.
• RE-INVEST will be the culmination of a conference and exhibition of manufacturers, project developers, investors and other players in the renewable energy space to showcase manufacturing capabilities, latest technologies, financing options and investment opportunities.
• International companies in the renewable energy space from different countries will also have the opportunity to exhibit and showcase at the Expo to a wide Indian audience.
Renewable Energy Sector in India
Renewable Energy Sector is contributing about 6.5 percent in the electricity mix of the country. FDI up to 100 percent under the automatic route is permitted in Renewable Energy Sector.
Major initiatives by the Government including accelerated depreciation, generation based incentive, feed-in-tariff, viability gap funding is expected to add massive investments in the renewable energy sector.