US Army Reserve officer Deshauna Barber crowned as Miss USA 2016
Miss Hawaii Chelsea Hardin came in as the first runner-up and Miss Georgia Emanii Davis was the second runner-up.
Deshauna Barber, a serving Army Reserve officer of United States (US), was on 5 June 2016 crowned as the Miss USA 2016 at the Miss USA competition 2016 held at the T-Mobile Arena off the Las Vegas Strip.
She represented the US capital as Miss District of Columbia. Miss Hawaii Chelsea Hardin came in as the first runner-up and Miss Georgia Emanii Davis was the second runner-up.
With this, Barber became the first-ever military member to win Miss USA title. She will now represent the USA at Miss Universe Competition 2016.
Barber inherited the crown from 2015 winner Miss Oklahoma Olivia Jordan.
About Deshauna Barber
• Barber works as an IT analyst at the US Department of Commerce.
• Barber was commissioned as a Quartermaster Officer in 2011 in the Army Reserve of US.
• She is currently a Logistics Commander for the 988th Quartermaster Detachment Unit based at Fort Meade, Maryland.
• She is a member of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority.
• She was crowned as Miss District of Columbia USA 2016 in December 2015 by outgoing titleholder Lizzy Olsen.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App