Veteran journalist KK Katyal passed away on 8 June 2016 following a brief illness in Delhi. He was 88. He is survived by his wife and daughters.
He was a former Delhi Chief of Bureau of The Hindu, who led the newspaper’s wide-ranging coverage from the National Capital during a particularly eventful phase of political change.
About KK Katyal
• Originally from Jhang in Pakistan, he was founder of the India chapter of the South Asia Free Media Association (SAFMA).
• He started his career by working in the News Chronicle soon after Independence.
• Katyal spent 28 years at The Hindu and built his work on access to a wide body of political and diplomatic sources.
• In the 1980s and 1990s when The Hindu expanded its reach and presence in the national capital, he led the growing team in Delhi. During this period, The Hindu launched its edition in Delhi in 1986.
• He has earlier worked with The Statesman and Hindustan Times as well.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App