Vishal Mehta on 4 February 2016 was appointed as the President of the newly- formed International Grown Diamond Association (IGDA).
Mehta is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of IIa Technologies, which grows diamonds at its state-of-the-art facility in Singapore.
About Vishal Mehta
• Prior to setting up IIa Technologies, Mehta joined his mother’s jewellery business, which operated in West Asia.
• He studied at the Cathedral and John Connon School.
• During his undergraduate programme, he trained at Star Gems for about a year.
• He then went to the US and qualified to be a gemologist with the Gemological Institute of America (GIA).
About International Grown Diamond Association
• IGDA is a newly formed platform of more than 10 leading grown diamond producers, distributors and retailers.
• Founded in the US, IGDA aims to serve as the central point of communication, education, development and growth of the industry.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App