Union Minister of State for Tourism (Independent Charge) Dr. Mahesh Sharma on 8 April 2015 launched Visit Kerala 2015 campaign to promote Kerala tourism.
The campaign is an initiative of Kerala Government to promote state-specific tourism products including Ayurveda, Responsible Tourism and Spice route.
Under the campaign various innovative programmes and schemes will be launched in India and abroad to attract domestic and foreign tourists.
Highlights of the Visit Kerala 2015 Campaign
• The campaign aims at increasing the number of tourist arrivals in the state to over 1.37 crore in 2015 compared to 1.26 tourist arrivals in 2014.
• The period from April 2015 to March 2016 is declared as Visit Kerala Year.
• The second phase of Kerala Tourism’s Kerala-Home of Ayurveda campaign will be launched in selected national and international markets.
• Social media and online campaigns will be launched to promote 2015 as the best time to visit the state highlighting the festivals and events along with the contests.
• Food festivals will be conducted in cities like New Delhi and Mumbai to market Kerala’s authentic cuisine.
• A tourism industrial meet to promote responsible tourism and encourage the participation of local communities in the tourism sector will be conducted. The meet would provide guidance to people on setting up home-stays and villas with small-scale investment.
• A new set of Kerala souvenirs will be designed and will be sold to travelers with the support of Kudumbashree units.
As per the state government’s estimate Kerala earned a total of 24885 crore revenue from tourism during 2014 including foreign exchange earnings of 6399 crore rupees.
When: 9 April 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.