Viswanathan Anand, the World Champion in Chess from India won the Grenke Chess Classic trophy of 2013 after defeating Arkadij Naiditsch from Germany on 17 February 2013. To secure his win in the Grenke Chess Classic, Anand also defeated Fabiano Caruana from Italy. This was his first title of the year.
The 43 years old Anand, managed to take a 49 move win against Arkadij with his black pieces to claim the title for his all-play-all tournament title in five years. Anand last won a title in March 2008 at Linares, when he topped the field with 8.5 points in the eight player field. In January 2013, Anand finished at third position in the Tata Steel at Wijk aan Zee in although he lost the first round to Wang Hao from China.
Standings of Players Point wise:
1. Viswanathan Anand from India (6.5/10)
2. Fabiano Caruana from Italy (6/10)
3. Michael Adams from England (5/10)
4. Georg Meier from Germany (5/10)
5. Arkadij Naiditsch from Germany (4/10)
6. Daniel Fridman from Germany (3.5/10)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.