The world's fastest elevator that can operate at a record breaking speed of 1260 metres per minute is set to been installed in a skyscraper complex building in China.
The record-breaking speed was recorded during a test of the elevator at the CTF Finance Center, a 530-meter tall skyscraper in the city of Guangzhou, China.
The test was conducted for technology development of Hitachi elevators. However, the elevator in Guangzhou will only run at its rated speed of 72 kilometers per hour when it is in service.
The elevator has been developed by the Japanese tech company Hitachi.
• In May 2016, the ultra-high-speed elevator had reached 1200 metres per minute as its rated speed.
• The achievement was recorded by China's National Elevator Quality Supervision and Inspection Centre, a public accreditation body of elevators.
• The elevator has various safety features including brake equipment using materials with outstanding heat resistance.
• An air pressure adjustment technology eases ear blockage by reducing the changes in air pressure inside elevator car.
• Active guide rollers installed in the elevator absorbs vibration during high speed operation, making the ride comfortable.