Diwali, the major Hindu festival is around the corner and the ambience is full of excitement. Some interesting facts have been given below about
Diwali, the festival of light.
• In Malaysia, Diwali is celebrated as Hari Diwali in the month of Aswayuja.
• In Nepal, Diwali is known as Tihar or Swanti.
• In West Bengal, Diwali is celebrated as Kali Puja.
• The foundation of the Golden Temple was laid on Diwali day.
• Jain community of India celebrates their New Year’s Day on the next day of Diwali.
• The festival is marked by a colourful rangoli made from rice flour at the entrance of the homes.
• The festival also marks the beginning of a new financial year.
• On Diwali Day, Lord Ganesha is worshipped alongside Godess Lakshmi.
• Diwali dispels darkness and leads us to light. It marks the beginning of a new life.
• Diwali marks the beginning of winter and the start of a new sowing season.