Directorate of Economics & Statistics was established on November 1, 2000 with the creation of the Chhattisgarh state after partition from Madhya Pradesh.
Function and Organization
• Directorate of Economics and Statistics is chosen as a nodal group for carrying out different statistical activities of Chhattisgarh.
• At Districts level, all 16 districts have “Districts Planning and Statistical Office” functioning under DES and “Block Level Investigators” are functioning under district offices.
• Diverse statistical activities harmonization, data analysis/collection and area survey on diverse subjects, representation and tabulation of assembled data.
• Anthology of dissimilar development pointers
• After Collection; Compilation, Survey, testing and analysis give the genuine socio-economic provision of Chhattisgarh
• Coordination among statistical activities of different departments
• Present statistics/data to Government, planners, researchers and Scholars.
• According to the birth/death registration Act, 1969, the Director of DES is selected as a chief Registrar for Birth/death registration.
• To collate, collect and disseminate plausible information through opportune circulate information of diverse fields covering all segments of State Economy for the rationale of planning, comparative and decision making analysis of information pertaining to different States
• Present statistics/data to Government, planners, researchers and Scholars
• Directorate also plays an essential role in the affair of collection, assemblage and elucidation of data related to diverse surveys instigated by Central Organization viz. NSSO, CSO, RGI.
• To bring out statistical analysis on miscellaneous topics generating vital parameters to sustain policy making of State Government
• To issue Publications and Statistical Report based on derivative data collected from diverse Departments of State Government and Central Government Departments, Local Governments, Government Undertakings, etc.
• To estimate significant macro-economic comprehensives like NSDP/ GSDP, Capital Formations, etc.
• To calculate production and price indices of Chhattisgarh that can be used to determine the short-run dynamics of Chhattisgarh economy