GK Question and Answer on Indian Polity Parliamentary Committees in India
We made this set of Indian polity based on the topic of "Parliamentary Committees in India". We hope that it will be helpful for all the competitive exams held in India.
1. Which of the following statement is wrong with regard to Parliamentary Committee?
(a) Parliamentary Committee is appointed/elected by the speaker/chairman
(b) Works under the guidance of speaker/chairman
(c) Has a secretariat provided by the president of India
(d) Submits its reports to house or speaker/chairman
Explanation: Secretariat provided by the Lok Sabha/Rajya Sabha
2. Which of the following statement is not correct?
(a) Mainly Parliamentary Committees are of two types
(b) Ad hoc committees are of permanent nature
(c) Parliamentary Committees are mentioned in the Indian constitution
(d) Indian Constitution does not mentioned any time period for the Parliamentary Committees
Explanation: Ad hoc committees are of temporary nature.
3. Which of the following committee is NOT made for day to day business of the house?
(a) Business Advisory Committee
(b) Committee of private members bill
(c) Rules committee
(d) Ad hoc committee
Explanation: Ad hoc committee
4. How many members are in Public Account Committee?
5. Which of the following statement is not correct about Public Account Committee?
(a) Public Account Committee is made as per the provision of Government of India Act, 1919
(b) This Committee consists of members from both the house of the Parliament
(c) Term of the members of the Committee is 5 year
(d) A minister cannot be member of the Committee
Explanation: Term of the members of the Public Account Committee is 1 year
6. Which of the following committee regulates the programme and time table of the house of Parliament?
(a) Committee on public understanding
(b) Public Account Committee
(c) Estimates Committee
(d) Business advisory committee
Explanation: Business advisory committee
7. Which of the following is not matched correctly?
(a) Committee on labour : Labour and employment committee
(b) Committee on rural development: Panchayti Raj Ministry
(c) Committee on transport: Civil Aviation Ministry
(d) Committee on energy: New and Renewable Energy Ministry
Explanation: Committee on rural development: Rural Development Ministry
8. Which of the following committee enforces code of conduct of members of Parliament?
(a) Ethics committee
(b) House committee
(c) Committee of privileges
(d) Ad-hoc committee
Explanation: Ethics committee enforces code of conduct of members of Parliament. It examines the cases of misconduct and recommends appropriate action.
9. Which of the following is matched correctly?
(a) House Committee: deals with residential accommodation of members and other amenities like food, medical etc.
(b) Library Committee: it is related to calculate all the expenses of parliament during business meetings.
(c) Rules committee: it frames rules for regulating salary allowances and pension of the members of Parliament
(d) Public Account Committee: To examine the reports and accounts of public undertakings
Explanation: House Committee: deals with residential accommodation of members and other amenities like food, medical etc.
10. The function of the …………….committee is to examine the estimates included in the budget and suggests economies in public expenditure.
(a) Public Accounts Committee
(b) Rules Committee
(c) Estimate Committee
(d) Ethics Committee
Explanation: Estimate Committee