In this article a questionnaire of 9 questions on "Status of special state of Jammu and Kashmir" is made in which questions have also been answered for the convenience of the students. Hope this quiz will help a lot to competitors preparing for IAS / PCS / SSC / CDS and other competitive exams.
1. Which of the following state is associated with Article 370 of the Indian Constitution?
(A) Arunachal Pradesh
(B) Jammu and Kashmir
Explanation: Jammu and Kashmir
2. When was 'Treaty of accession' related to Jammu & Kashmir signed?
(C) January, 1971
(D) July, 1935
Explanation: On October 26, 1947, King Hari Singh of Jammu & Kashmir signed a 'treaty of accession' with Jawaharlal Nehru.
3. Which of the following statements is not true?
(A) Jammu and Kashmir is a state of the Indian Union under Article 1 of Indian Constitution.
(B) In the 'Treaty of accession' Jammu and Kashmir handed over only 3 subjects (Defense, Foreign Affairs and Communications) to the Government of India.
(C) The President of India has the right to declare financial emergency in connection with Jammu and Kashmir.
(D) State of Jammu & Kashmir has its own constitution
Explanation: The President of India does not have the right to declare a financial emergency in the Jammu and Kashmir.
4. Which of the following states does not have a bicameral Legislature?
(A) Jammu and Kashmir
(D) West Bengal
Explanation: West Bengal
5. How many seats of Legislative Assembly are in the Jammu and Kashmir?
Explanation: In the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly, 111 members are elected directly by the public but 24 seats have been reserved for Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (POK) and therefore there are only 87 seats left for J&K.
6. By whom the governor of Jammu and Kashmir is elected?
(A) By the President of India
(B) By the Jammu & Kashmir Legislative Assembly
(C) By the Jammu & Kashmir Legislature
(D) Directly by the public
Explanation: By the President of India
7. Which of the following statement is correct?
(A) Before imposing Article 352 in Jammu and Kashmir, there is no need to seek permission from the Governor of J&K.
(B) "Directive principles of State Policy" are also applicable in J & K.
(C) It is compulsory for Parliament to get permission from the State Legislature before altering the boundary of Jammu and Kashmir.
(D) CAG and Election commission's rules can be implemented in J & K.
Explanation: CAG and Election commission's rules can be implemented in J & K.
8. On which of the following issue government of India cannot make any law for J& K ?
(B) Foreign Affairs
(D) Foreign security
Explanation: The right to make law related to education is under the jurisdiction of J & K Legislative Assembly only.
9. Which statement is not true in the case of J & K?
(A) J & K has its own national flag
(B) Jammu and Kashmir has its own constitution
(C) Jammu and Kashmir has its own High Court
Explanation: Options a, b and c all are true.