GK Question and Answers on Acids: Concept, Properties and Uses
Question and Answers on Chemistry: Acids, properties and uses consists of MCQs which will help in various competitive and academic examination preparations. This Quiz will also clear the concept regarding acids like what is an acid, examples of acids etc.
1. Name the most common indicator used in laboratory?
A. Methyl Orange
B. Red Litmus
C. Universal Indicator
2. Name an element which is common to all acids?
3. What will be the reaction when acid dissolves in water:
4. What does Arrhenius’s Ionic theory states:
A. Acids are substances that dissociate in water to yield electrically charged atoms or molecules, called ions.
B. One of which is a hydrogen ion (H+), and bases ionize in water to yield hydroxide ions (OH−).
C. Both A and B
D. Neither A nor B
5. Name a rust remover which is used to repair cars?
A. Concentrated Sulphuric Acid
B. Phosphoric Acid
C. Dilute Sulphuric Acid
D. Hydrochloric Acid
6. Name an acid which contains both oxygen and hydrogen?
A. Oxy acid
B. Hydra acid
C. Dilute acid
D. Concentrated acid
7. Tartaric acid is also known as:
A. Baking Powder
B. Bleaching Powder
C. Plaster of Paris
D. None of the above
8. What happens when acid reacts with metal oxide?
A. Salt and water is formed
B. Metal Hydride is formed
C. Oxy acid will be formed
D. Metal and water is formed
9. In tomato which acid is present?
A. Phosphoric acid
B. Tartaric acid
C. Oxalic acid
D. Lactic acid
10. Which acid is a strong acid?
A. Acetic acid
B. Nitric acid
C. Sulphuric acid
D. Tartaric acid
11. Which statement is correct regarding acids?
(i) Acid is a molecule which donate proton or accept electron pair in reactions.
(ii) Acid increases the concentration of hydrogen atoms or hydronium atoms in water.
(iii) Acids have pH value less than 7.
(iv) Acid in the stomach helps in the digestion of food.
A. Only (i)
B. Both (ii) and (iv)
C. Both (iii) and (iv)
D. All the above
12. What is battery acid?
A. It is sulphuric acid diluted with water.
B. It is carboxylic acid mixed with water.
C. It is concentrated hydrochloric acid.
D. It is concentrated sulphuric acid.
13. What do you understand by monoprotic acid?
A. It consists of one proton and one electron.
B. During the process of dissociation these acids are able to donate one proton per molecule.
C. It is also known as cation.
D. They undergoes two dissociation depends upon pH.
14. Which acid can be esterified with alcohols to produce esters?
A. Sulphuric acid
B. Carboxylic acid
C. Nitric acid
D. Hydrochloric acid
15. Name an ester present in pineapple and banana?
A. Ethyl acetate
B. Ethyl butanoate
C. Ethyl butyrate
D. Ethyl lactate