In this article a set of 10 questions is being given on 'State Legislature' in which answers have also been given for the convenience of the students. We hope that this quiz will help a lot to competitors preparing for IAS / PCS / SSC / CDS and other competitive exams.
1. Which of the following statements is not correct about the State Legislature?
(A) The constitution of the State Legislature has been stated in the 6th part of the Constitution
(B) Article 168 to 212 has been constituted for the tenure & constitution of the State Legislature
(C) Currently only 7 states have Legislative Council
(D) Members of Legislative Council are indirectly elected
2. In which of the following states there is no Legislative Council?
(A) West Bengal
3. What can be the maximum strength of members in the State Legislature?
4. What is the minimum number of members in the State Legislative Council?
6. Which of the following statements is not correct?
(A) The number of members in the State Legislative Assemblies is decided as per the 2011 census.
(B) Parliament determines the number of members in the state Legislative Assemblies
(C) The decision of the members nominated by the Governor in State Legislative Council can not be challenged in the court.
(D) The tenure of the members in State Legislative Councils is 6 years.
7. What can be the minimum strength of members in the State Legislature?
(A) 6 months
(B) 12 months
(C) 3 months
(D) Nothing is fixed (depends on the will of the Governor)
9. How many members are elected indirectly in State Legislative Councils?
(A) 1 \ 6
(B) 3 \ 4
(C) 5 \ 6
(D) 1 \ 3
10. The strength of members of State Legislative Councils depends........
(A) on the population of the state
(B) on the idea of Parliament
(C) on the basis of the member number of the Legislative Assembly
(D) on the basis of the area of the state
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.