The Indian National Congress was formed when 72 delegates from all the presidencies and provinces of India met at Bombay from 28 to 30 December 1885. It was the nucleus of a future parliament for our country, and will lead to good of inconceivable magnitude for our countrymen. Here, we are giving GK Questions and Answers on the Moderate and Extremist Leadership of Congress which is designed according to the evolving nature of different competitive examination.
1. Which was the period of Moderate leadership of Congress?
A. 1885- 1905
2. Which was the period of Extremist leadership of Congress?
3. Who among the following Moderate leader of Congress known as 'The Lion of Bombay'?
A. Gopal Krishna Gokhale
B. MG Ranade
C. Firoz Shah Mehta
D. Badruddin Tyabji
4. Which of the following Moderate leader of Congress associated with Bombay Chronicle (English-language weekly Newspaper)?
A. G Subramanya Aiyar
B. Madan Mohan Malviye
C. Dadabhai Naoroji
D. Feroz Shah Mehta
5. Which of the following movement of Indian Freedom Struggle was associated with Moderate leadership of Congress?
A. Home Rule Movement
B. Civil Disobedience Movement
C. Swadeshi Movement
D. Quit India Movement
6. When was Congress split into two groups-extremists and moderates?
7. In which session, Congress split into two groups of Moderate and Extremist?
A. Madras Sesson (1887)
B. Surat Session (1907)
C. Calcutta Session (1906)
D. Allahabad Session (1888)
8. Which of the following was not methodology of Moderate leadership of Congress?
A. Aimed to end the British rule
B. Aimed at administrative and constitutional reforms
C. Wanted more Indians in the administration and not to an end of British rule
D. All of the above
9. Who was the president of Indian National Congress at the time of Surat Session?
A. Bal Gangadhar Tilak
B. Bipin Chandra Pal
C. Gopal Krishna Gokhale
D. Rash Behari Bose
10. The Session of Congress of 1907 was held at the bank of which river?
In the above 10 GK Questions and Answers on the Moderate and Extremist Leadership of Congress, will help the aspirants to understand the evolving nature of different competitive examination.