GK Questions and Answers on Types of Cancers
World Cancer Day is observed on 4 February to spread awareness about cancer, its symptoms, and how to cure it. Several organisations also work towards providing treatment to cancer patients. With the help of the quiz, it will be easy to remember the types of cancer and may help in the preparation of examination.
1. Name the most common type of Cancer that kills men in the world?
A. Lung Cancer
B. Prostate Cancer
C. Liver Cancer
D. Colon and Rectum Cancer
Explanation: Lung Cancer is the most common type of Cancer that kills men in the world.
2. Name the cancer that starts in the skin or the tissues that line other organs?
D. None of the above
Explanation: Carcinoma is a cancer that starts in the skin or tissues that line other organs.
3. Name the cancer that occurs in bone marrow and creates blood cells?
Explanation: Leukemia is a cancer of bone marrow, which creates blood cells.
4. The abnormal growth of cells in the body is known as...........
C. Both A and B
D. Only A
Explanation: The abnormal growth of cells in the body is known as Cancer or malignancy.
5. The most common types of treatment of Cancer are
C. Radiation Therapy
D. All the above
Explanation: Surgery, Chemotherapy and Radiation therapy are most common types of treatment for cancer. In Surgery cancer is removed from the part of the body as much as possible. In Chemotherapy, with the help of medicines toxic cells that are rapidly dividing cancer cells are killed. And in Radiation therapy, powerful radiations are used in the body to kill the cells of cancer.
6. Name the cancer of connective tissues or the cancer that occurs in the connective tissues in the body?
Explanation: The cancer of connective tissues is known as Sarcoma. Connective tissues like bones, muscles, cartilage and blood vessels.
7. Name the most common cancer in the world, due to which womens died?
A. Breast Cancer
B. Ovarian Cancer
C. Rectal Cancer
D. Vaginal Cancer
Explanation: Breast Cancer is the most common cancer that kills women in the world. Let us tell you that the three most common cancer due to which in the world women died are breast cancer, lung cancer and stomach cancer.
8. Stomach Cancer is also known as....
A. Gastric Cancer
B. Oesophageal Cancer
C. Diaphragm Cancer
D. Duodenum Cancer
Explanation: Stomach cancer is the cancer that occurs in the stomach and is known as gastric cancer.
9. When a thin membrane that covers chest and abdomen start to multiply in a rapid and uncontrollable way, then what type of cancer is formed in the body?
C. Merkel Cell Carcinoma
D. None of the above
Explanation: A rare type of cancer known as Mesothelioma, that develops when the cells of the mesothelium (a thin membrane that covers the chest and abdomen) start to multiply in a rapid and uncontrollable way.
10. Name the Cancer which is known as The Silent Killer?
A. Stomach Cancer
B. Liver Cancer
C. Lung Cancer
D. Brain Cancer
Explanation: It is seen that majority of the people who suffer from Liver Cancer seems healthy and shows no early signs or symptoms and so, is known as The Silent Killer.
Therefore, we can say that there are various types of cancers that occurs in the human body with several symptoms.