GK Quiz on International Yoga Day 2020
International Yoga Day 2020: The objective is to raise awareness about the benefits of practicing yoga worldwide. According to the most famous practitioners, the late B.K.S Iyengar, "Yoga cultivates the ways of maintaining a balanced attitude in day-to-day life and endows skill in the performance of one’s actions.”
1. What is the theme of International Yoga Day 2020?
A. Climate Change
B. Yoga for Health-Yoga at Home
C. Connect the Youth
D. Yoga for Health
Explanation: The theme of International Yoga Day 2020 is “Yoga for Health-Yoga at Home”.
2. What is the name of the video blogging contest jointly organised by the Ministry of AYUSH (MoA) and the Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR) in 2020?
A. My words and Yoga
B. Practicing Yoga
C. My Life, My Yoga
D. Yoga is life
Explanation: The Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi had called upon one and all to participate in the 'My Life, My Yoga' video blogging contest that is jointly organised by the Ministry of AYUSH (MoA) and the Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR), during his Mann Ki Baat address to the nation on 31 May, 2020.
3. In 2020, which International Yoga Day is celebrated?
Explanation: On 21 June, 2020, 6th International Yoga Day will be celebrated and first time it was celebrated on 21 June, 2015.
4. In the Video Blogging Contest of 2020 for yoga, the Indian contestant will get how much worth INR first prize?
A. 1.5 lakh
B. 1 Lakh
Explanation: For Indian contestants, prizes worth INR. 1 lakh, 50K and 25K for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rank respectively within each of the categories have been announced within the first leg
5. At global level in the Video Blogging Contest of 2020 for yoga, the 1st ranking winner will get how much US$?
Explanation: At the global level, US$2500, US$1500, US$1,000 for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd ranking have been announced.
6. Which of the following statement is/are correct about Yoga?
A. Yoga is practiced since ancient India. It is a physical, mental and spiritual practice.
B. The 'yoga' word is derived from Sanskrit.
C. Yoga means to join or unite, represent the union of body and consciousness or alertness.
D. All the above are correct
Explanation: Yoga is practiced since ancient India. It is a physical, mental and spiritual practice. From Sanskrit, the word ‘Yoga’ is derived. Yoga means to join or unite, represent the union of body and consciousness or alertness.
7. What was the theme of International Yoga Day 2019?
A. Climate Action
B. Yoga for Heart
C. Yoga remains connected
D. Yoga for All
Explanation: The theme of International Yoga Day 2019 was Climate Action. Yoga is a way of fighting climate change. By changing our lifestyle and creating awareness, it can help us to deal with the issue of climate change.
These are some questions and answers with an explanation based on International Yoga Day. Hope you like it and gained knowledge about the day and yoga.
Let us celebrate International Yoga Day this year at home with the family members.