GK Quiz on Astronomy Set I
GK Quiz on Astronomy Set I, in this set you will find repository of 10 Multiple Choice Questions that will help you to attune and equipped for different competitive examinations.
1. Who speculated that our universe is expanding?
B. Edwin Hubble
2. Who had propounded the planetary laws?
3. Who had proved first that our earth and another planet are revolving?
D. Edwin Hubble
4. Which one of the following elements occurs most abundantly in our universe?
5. The stellar and solar source of energy is:
A. Nuclear fusion
B. Nuclear fission
C. Electromagnetic induction
D. Electromotive force
6. The device employed to measure the diameters of stars and our galaxy (Milky Way) is called:
7. What is the difference between asteroids and comets?
I. Asteroids are small rocky planetoids, while comets are formed of frozen gases held together by rocky and metallic material.
II. Asteroids are found mostly between the orbits Jupiter and Mars, while comets are found mostly between Venus and Mercury.
III. Comets show a perceptible glowing tail, while asteroids do not.
Which of the statements given above is/ are correct?
A. I and II Only
B. I and III Only
C. III Only
D. I, II and III
8. Which of the following planets has the largest number of planets?
9. Which one of the following planet is also called morning star or evening star?
10. The planet which completes one revolution in 88 days around the Sun is: