GK Quiz on Astronomy Set III, in this set you will find repository of 10 Multiple Choice Questions that will help you to attune and equipped for different competitive examinations.
1. Which year man first landed on the moon?
2. In space, the sky looks to an astronaut:
3. Which of the following is also known by the name of red planet?
4. The earth revolves round the sun in:
A. 360 days
B. 365 days
C. 365.25 days
D. 24 Hours
5. Paris based minor planet centre of International Astronomical Union (IAU) has given a new name to the planet Pluto and it is:
6. The new name of the celestial body Xena-2003 UB 313 given by IAU is:
7. Which of the statement is correct about the planet Saturn?
A. Cooler than Pluto
B. Cooler than Neptune
C. Hotter than Neptune
D. Hotter than Jupiter
8. Who provided the first information regarding the Black Hole?
B. Herman Bondy
D. S. Chandrasekhar
9. What is the distance of the earth from the Sun?
A. 107.7 million km
B. 142.7 million km
C. 146.6 million km
D. 149.6 million km
10. Which of the following is also called Blue planet or Green planet?