Sixth Five-Year Plan (1980–1985)
Following were the main aspects of Sixth Five Year Plan:
• The sixth plan also manifested the commencement of economic liberalization.
• Prize controls were eradicated & ration shops were closed. This resulted into a boost in food prices & an enhancement in cost of living. This was the end of Nehruvian Socialism.
• Indira Gandhi was prime minister of India during this period.
• Family planning was also stretched so as to prevent over-population.
• Target Growth during this period was 5.2% and Actual Growth was 5.4%.
Find Information on: