NEET SS 2021 Postponed by 2 Months, to be held on 10th, 11th January, Centre tells Supreme Court

NEET SS 2021 Exam Postponed: As per the latest update, the Central Government has informed the Supreme Court of India that the NEET 2021 Super Speciality Exam has been postponed by two months. Along with this, the Govt has also told the court it plans to hold the NEET SSC Exam as oer the revised exam pattern in January 2021. Get Details Here.

Published On: Oct 5, 2021 10:23 IST

NEET SS 2021 Postponed

NEET SS 2021 Exam Postponed: As per the latest update, the Central Government has informed the Supreme Court of India that the NEET 2021 Super Speciality Exam has been postponed by two months. Earlier, the entrance test for admission to Super Speciality courses was to be held in November 2021 but it has been postponed until January 2022. Along with this, the Govt has also told the court it plans to hold the NEET SSC Exam as per the revised exam pattern in January 2022. The response from the Central Government before the apex court comes following a plea filed by 41 Postgraduate level Doctors, who had approached the court challenging the abrupt ‘last-minute changes’ in the exam pattern of NEET SS 2021.

Postponement due to Change in Exam Pattern  

While making its representation before the apex court, the Central Government also said that the decision to postpone the exam has been taken keeping in mind change in exam pattern. Following the change in the examination pattern for NEET SS 2021 Exam, it is important to provide candidates enough time to prepare for the test as per the new format. Therefore, the central government has decided to postpone NEET SS Exam 2021 until January 2021. Live Law website, which was covering the hearing, has reported that the Central Govt had told SC that “To give the PG doctors more time to prepare in accordance with the revised pattern, the NBE has proposed to defer the exams by two months.”

As per the earlier exam pattern which was adopted by NBE in 2018, of the total questions asked in the 60% were from Specialty Courses while the rest 40% were from generic feeder courses. However,  now the new exam pattern which has been proposed will cover 100% of questions from the critical care super-speciality and will be drawn from General Medicine Courses.

Exam to be held on 10th and 11th January 2022

Following the formal submission about change in exam pattern, the Central Government also notified the new dates on which it plans to hold the exam. As per the statement submitted by the government before the court, the NEET SS 2021 exam is now being planned to be held on 10th and 11th January 2021. Earlier, the exam was to be held on 13th and 14th November 2021.

Get the Latest Education News updates on Indian Board, College, University Exam results and College News updates here.
Register For Education News
Name
Mobile Number
Gender
Your Location
Email ID
Roll Number
Select type of Result
Class
What you wish to study
What stream you wish to study?
Your Stream
Study Mode
Exam Name
Highest Qualification

Related Stories