The Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (EAMCET) is being conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada (JNTUK) on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE). This Examination is the pre-requisite for admission into various professional courses offered in the University/Private Colleges in the State of Andhra Pradesh.
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada (JNTUK) is the second biggest Technological University in the Country, having about 273 Affiliated Colleges offering Engineering/Pharmacy/Management courses. Having bifurcated from the erstwhile Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University during the year 2008, JNTUK transformed into world class Technological University. This University is providing quality education and the Campus has produced Highly Professional and Competitive Engineers. Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE) has entrusted the task of conducting the prestigious Entrance Examination of the State “APEAMCET-2016” to JNTUK for the first time after reorganization of the State of Andhra Pradesh. The APSCHE has instilled confidence and faith in JNTUK for the smooth conduct of the APEAMCET-2016 in the State of Andhra Pradesh.
The EAMCET exam is conducted for screening candidates for admission to Undergraduate Engineering, Agriculture and Medical admission in the government and private colleges located in Andahra Pradesh and Telangana. With the formation of new state Telangana in 2014, the EAMCET examination has been conducted separately for two different states. Thus from the year 2015 onwards the EAMCET exam is conducted separately for both states.
Courses offered under The Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (EAMCET) are:
Agriculture and Medical Category (AM)
- B.V.Sc. & Animal Husbandry
- B.F.Sc. – Bachelor of Fisheries Sciences
- B.Tech. (Food Science & Technology)
- B.Sc. (CA &BM) (Bi.P.C.) – Bachelor of Sciences (Commercial Agriculture and Business Management) (Bi.P.C.)
- MBBS – Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery
- BDS - Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- BAMS - Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery
- BHMS - Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery
- BNYS - Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences
- B.Pharm.(Bi.P.C) – Bachelor of Pharmacy (Bi.P.C)
- B.Tech.(Bio-Technology) (Bi.P.C.) – Bachelor of Technology in Bio-Technology (Bi.P.C.)
- Pharm-D (Bi.P.C.) – Doctor of Pharmacy (Bi.P.C.)
Engineering Category (E)
- B.E. / B.Tech. – Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Technology
- B.Tech.(Ag. Engg.) – Bachelor of Technology (Agricultural Engineering)
- B.Tech.(Bio-Technology) (M.P.C.) – Bachelor of Technology (Bio-Technology) (M.P.C.)
- B.Tech.(Dairy Technology) – Bachelor of Technology (Diary Technology)
- B.Tech.(Food Science & Technology) – Bachelor of Technology (Food Science & Technology)
- B.Sc.(CA & BM) (M.P.C.) – Bachelor of Science (Commercial Agriculture and Business Management) (M.P.C.)
- B.Pharm (M.P.C.) – Bachelor of Pharmacy (M.P.C.)
- Pharm-D (M.P.C.) – Doctor of Pharmacy (M.P.C.)
Admissions to candidates will be given basis their scores in AP EAMCET. The qualifying percentage of marks as declared by AP EAMCET will tentatively be 25% of the maximum marks considered for ranking. However, in case of candidates from Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe categories, no minimum qualifying marks is prescribed. But their admission will depend on the extent of seats reserved for such categories.