Books for WBPSC Audit & Accounts examination!
To help aspirants of WBPSC Audit and Accounts exam, we shall discuss the overall exam patter, associated syllabus and the books that are necessary for preparation.
There is a recurring question among the candidates preparing for WBPSC Audit and Accounts Examination. The question is related to books or test preparation materials they can refer to in order to prepare well for the WBPCS examination. The key to picking the right preparation material for any exam lies in understanding and evaluating the dedicated syllabus and identify the type and style of questions being asked in the examination. To help aspirants of WBPSC Audit and Accounts exam, we shall discuss the overall exam patter, associated syllabus and the books that are necessary for preparation.
The WBPSC exam for Audit and Accounts has a very familiar exam pattern, with two papers consisting of MCQ / objective type questions. The main points are mentioned below:
• Two papers consisting of MCQ / Objective type questions
• Each question paper contains 200 questions of 1 mark each
• Each paper has to be completed within the time duration of 2 hours and 30 minutes
The written test is followed by a Personality Test / Personal Interview round of 100 marks.
WBPSC announces extensive syllabus detailing all the major and minor topics on basis of which questions will be asked in the test papers. Paper 1 consists of the following two sections, the first focuses upon general awareness whereas the second on business quotient of the candidate. Paper 2 is dedicated to testing the grasp of candidate on financial concepts and business laws relating to audit, cost management and accountancy, taxation and others.
Books to prepare for WBPCS Audit and Accounts Exam
The biggest challenge that WBPCS Audit and Account Exam aspirants face is tacking the general awareness section of the paper. Most of the candidates who appear for the exam are well versed in the finance, accounts, commerce and audit related topics, but general awareness section needs special preparation. Some of the common books that candidates can refer for this section are:
• N.C.E.R.T Books from Strd XI and XII
• J.L. Mehta’s Medieval India
• D.D. Kausambi's historical outline (Ancient India)
• Krishna Reddy’s Modern India
• Indian Politics by Lakshmikant
• Chronicle Year book for current affairs and GK
• Wren & Martin for English Grammar
• R.S Agarwal for Mathematics and general arithmetic
Find more WBPSC Updates