CBSE 10th Social Science exam will be conducted on 18th March 2020. Go through the important set of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) from History Chapter 4 (The Age of Industrialisation). These questions are taken from the latest Social Science sample paper as well as the NCERT textbook. The given questions are also be expected in CBSE Class 10 Board exam 2020.
Q1- What was the reason for the increased Indian industrial growth after the First World War?
- Britishers opened new factories in India
- New technological changes were taking place
- India became independent
- There was a vast home market for Indian mills to supply
Ans- The correct answer is- There was a vast home market for Indian mills to supply
Q2- Identify the trade from which the early entrepreneurs make a fortune.
- Trade-in tea
- China Trade
- Textiles Trade
Ans- The correct answer is China Trade.
Q3- What was the reason that the Handloom cloth production expanded steadily in the 20th Century?
- The intricate design of the handloom cloth could not be easily copied by the mills
- Indians used to prefer the Handloom material
- Handloom material was cheaper
- The usage of Handloom material encourages National pride
Ans- The correct answer is- The Intricate design of the Handloom cloth could not be easily copied by the mills.
Q4- Nationalist Indian Manufacturers used advertisement to:
- Make Indian Good popular
- Increase the sale of products
- Spread the message of Swadeshi
- Impress people around
Ans- The correct answer is- Advertisement was used to spread the message of Swadeshi.
Q5- Mark the European Managing Agency from the given options.
- Andrew Yule
- Elgin Mill
- Tata Iron and Steel Company
- Birla Industries
Ans- The correct answer is Andrew Yule.
Q6- Where First Indian Jute Mill was set up?
Ans- The correct answer is Bengal.
Q7- Which of the below-given factor helped in the production of Handloom Cloth production.
- Import Duties
- Government Regulations
- The imposition of Export duties
- Technological changes
Ans- The correct answer is Technological Changes.
Q8- In 1874, at which place the first weaving and spinning mill was set up?
Ans- The correct answer is Madras where the first weaving and spinning mill was set up in 1874.
Q9- Which of the below-mentioned innovations helped the weavers in increasing productivity and compete with the mill sector?
- Flying Shuttle
- Cotton Gin
- Spinning Jenny
Ans- The correct answer is Flying Shuttle.
Q10- What was the main function of Jobber?
- To create jobs for the industrialists
- Helping the middlemen in getting artisans for the company
- To get new recruits for the industrialists
- Advising the companies on the issues related to the weavers
Ans- The correct answer is- To get new recruits for the industrialists.