In this video we will learn about the matter and its different kinds.
- Matter: Anything that occupies the space and has certain mass is termed as matter. e.g. wood, water, air etc.
- Classification of matter:
(i) Physical classification and (ii) Chemical classification
1. Physical classification divides the matter into three parts:
a) Solid: They have definite volume and shape.
b) Liquid: They have definite volume, but no definite shape.
c) Gas: They neither have definite volume nor definite shape
2. Plasma state: it is the fourth state of matter. It is the gas at very high temperature that contains almost equal number of gaseous ions and free electrons.
- All three states are interconvertible:
a) Solid to liquid conversion is called Liquification.
b) Liquid to solid conversion is called Solidification.
c) Liquid to gas conversion is called Evaporation.
d) Gas to liquid conversion is called Condensation.
e) Solid to gas conversion is called Sublimation.
- Gas to solid conversion is called Desublimation.
Please share your feedback and suggestions for this video.