CBSE Class 12 English Elective (NCERT) syllabus for the new academic session 2017-2018 is released by the board. It contains important information related to course structure, prescribed textbook and question paper design.
Important portions of CBSE Class 12 English Elective (NCERT) Syllabus 2017-2018 are given below
Section - A
Reading an unseen passage and a poem (60 Periods)
• Very Short Answer Questions: One literary or discursive passage of about 950-1000 words followed by short questions
• Short Answer Questions: A poem of about 24 - 28 lines to test interpretation and appreciation.
Section - B
Creative Writing Skills and Applied Grammar (60 Periods)
• Long Answer Question: A short discursive, interpretative writing
• Very Long Answer Questions: An essay on an argumentative/discursive topic such as an article/report/speech.
• Very Short Answer Question: Transformation of sentences.
Section - C
Literature Textbook: Kaleidoscope (60 Periods)
• Short Answer Questions: To test understanding and appreciation
• Long Answer Question: To test deeper understanding, interpretation, appreciation, drawing of inferences and evaluation.
Fiction (40 Periods)
• Long Answer Questions: Seeking comments, interpretation, evaluation and appreciation of characters, events, episodes and interpersonal relationships.
• Very Long Answer Question: To test deeper understanding, interpretation, appreciation and drawing inferences.
1. Kaleidoscope - Text book published by NCERT
2. A Tiger for Malgudi or The Financial Expert by R.K. Narayan (Novel) Fiction
Details of Class 12 English Elective (NCERT) 2017-2018 question paper is available in PDF of the syllabus.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.