CBSE Class 12 English Elective (NCERT) syllabus for the new academic session 2017-2018 is released by the board. It contains important information related to course structure, prescribed textbook and question paper design.
Important portions of CBSE Class 12 English Elective (NCERT) Syllabus 2017-2018 are given below
Section - A
Reading an unseen passage and a poem (60 Periods)
• Very Short Answer Questions: One literary or discursive passage of about 950-1000 words followed by short questions
• Short Answer Questions: A poem of about 24 - 28 lines to test interpretation and appreciation.
Section - B
Creative Writing Skills and Applied Grammar (60 Periods)
• Long Answer Question: A short discursive, interpretative writing
• Very Long Answer Questions: An essay on an argumentative/discursive topic such as an article/report/speech.
• Very Short Answer Question: Transformation of sentences.
Section - C
Literature Textbook: Kaleidoscope (60 Periods)
• Short Answer Questions: To test understanding and appreciation
• Long Answer Question: To test deeper understanding, interpretation, appreciation, drawing of inferences and evaluation.
Fiction (40 Periods)
• Long Answer Questions: Seeking comments, interpretation, evaluation and appreciation of characters, events, episodes and interpersonal relationships.
• Very Long Answer Question: To test deeper understanding, interpretation, appreciation and drawing inferences.
1. Kaleidoscope - Text book published by NCERT
2. A Tiger for Malgudi or The Financial Expert by R.K. Narayan (Novel) Fiction
Details of Class 12 English Elective (NCERT) 2017-2018 question paper is available in PDF of the syllabus.
CBSE Class 9 Science Practical Exam: Syllabus and Preparation Tips
CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Practical Exam 2017 - 2018: Syllabus and Tips to Score Maximum Marks
CBSE Class 11 Physics Practical Exam 2017 - 2018: Syllabus and Tips to Score Maximum Marks
CBSE Class 12 Biology Practical Exam 2017 - 2018: Syllabus and Tips to Score Maximum Marks