Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released a circular to the head of CBSE schools regarding Summative Assessment-1 (School Based) or SA - 1 (2016-2017) for Classes 9 and 10. CBSE has provided a list of instructions and all other essential information to avoid any sort of inconvenience.
CBSE emphasizes on the accuracy of question papers and asked schools that any sort of defective questions must not be used. Question papers must be thoroughly checked by the school administration before the examination. CBSE will also provide question papers of important subjects to its affiliated school through special web-based technology termed as Integrated Test Management System or CBSE-ITMS.
The main highlights of the circular are:
• The Syllabus and the design of the Examination Question Paper for different subjects of classes IX and X
Summative Assessment ‒ 1 will be the same as available on the CBSE-Academic website
• In order to ensure standards, the CBSE will support schools to generate online question papers in the following major subjects:
English Communicative (Code No. 101)
English Language & Literature (Code No. 184)
Hindi Course A (Code No. 002)
Hindi Course B (Code No. 085)
Mathematics (Code No. 041)
Science (Code No. 086)
Social Science (Code No. 087)
Communicative Sanskrit (Code No. 122)
With respect to other subjects/languages, the schools will administer their own question paper
• To distribute the question papers and marking scheme to schools, CBSE Board has been using web-based technology and has built a solution called Integrated Test Management System (ITMS)
• The CBSE-ITMS, with new URL: www.cbseitms.nic.in is an application that automates online generation and distribution of Question Paper and Marking Scheme. This innovative solution allows the CBSE affiliated schools to access question papers and download them in a transparent, secure and user-friendly manner
• The question papers will be available in both M.S. Word format and PDF format in all the subjects except English. In English, question papers will be available only in word format. This has been done to enable the schools to change the question paper if required. The Marking Scheme will be available only in Word format
• Evaluation of answer scripts will be done by the school teachers themselves on the basis of the Marking
• Scheme generated online as per the schedule given. The schools may use the Sahodaya School Cluster for spot evaluation so that teachers from other schools are also involved
• There will be random verification of the assessment procedures carried out by schools through the Board officials/nominees appointed by the Board
• The answer scripts of Summative Assessment I for classes IX and X should not b sent to the Board under any circumstances. However, these must be preserved and kept in the safe custody at the school.
• It is imperative that no school uses defective questions. The head of the school needs to ensure that appropriate fonts are downloaded and installed for proper viewing of Question Papers of Classes IX & X (SA-I). Further, the Question paper must be thoroughly checked before administering for examination
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
CBSE Class 12 Accountancy Question Paper Leaked on WhatsApp
Importance of class 10 board exams in the life of a student
NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 12 Biology ‒ Chapter 9: Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production
Top 10 upcoming entrance exams after class 12: Important dates and other details