Couldn’t Clear IIT-JEE? Lot of Career Options Are Waiting for You
Of course, the IIT tag adds more power to your CV but if you could not clear JEE Exam then you need not to worry there are lots of other career options waiting for you. Read this article for other career options
Of course, the IIT tag adds more power to your CV besides adding confidence to your personality but it’s also an undeniable fact that IIT-JEE is one of the most difficult entrance exams in India. Almost every engineering aspirant cherishes the dream of becoming an IITian, but this dream is realized by only a handful of students in comparison to those attempting other exams. Just ten thousand students, out of thirteen lakhs who appear the JEE Main, manage to secure their admission in IITs. Such condition forces you to think about what you should do if you didn’t get into IIT. It may perturb you for a moment, but you need not worry at all. Although not getting into IIT is a major setback but it isn’t the end of the world. There are a lot of possibilities and options which can help you build a successful career without having an engineering degree from IITs.
You might have read/heard about Anudeep Nekkanti, who couldn’t write JEE. He didn’t study in any highly reputed college. He had been a student of an ordinary college named, ANITS, but his CET ranked as 7000. It couldn’t sap his spirit to continue his endeavour. Later, he got a lucrative Rs 1.6 crore package from Google while the fact is that he was not from IIT, NIT or IIIT. Similarly, you can also turn the tide in your favour if you have the zeal to work hard with unwavering confidence.
What If You Couldn’t Secure A Seat Into IIT?
First of all, you must keep it in your mind that your career is not sealed if you could not get into IIT because being a student of IIT is not a guarantee of your bright future. What matters the most is your devotion to studies and your diligence that will help you fulfil your aspiration of pursuing a career in engineering from other institutions as well. When you go for a job, the recruiters and companies look at how good you are in the course you have done and how best you can perform to benefit the company you are going to join rather than which college you have been graduated from.
Even if you are criticized or mocked by people for not getting into the IIT, never get irritated by them; continue to march ahead in your career like an elephant who keeps moving, ignoring the dogs barking at him. One day, your hard work will result in your success that will mute them for good.
So keeping all these aspects in view, we have shortlisted some options available for such students who couldn’t get into IIT and feel frustrated for the same:
IIITs, BITs, NITs, are better options:
In India, many other colleges and institutions enjoy the same reputation as the IITs. Colleges such as IIITs, NITs, and BITs Pilani are some of the premium institutes which offer quality engineering education. Therefore, you may opt for these institutes if you are unable to grab a seat at IITs. There are numerous people who have performed remarkably in their respective domains without the tag of being an IITian. Moreover, there is no dearth of people who scored rich marks in engineering entrance exams but chose a career option other than engineering.
Read A Guide to College Life as a First-Year Engineering Student
State Universities – a viable alternative
Apart from the central government funded IITs, many many state universities and deemed universities also rank high on the list of top engineering colleges in India. In recent past, the number of best engineering colleges in India in private sector has grown by leaps and bounds.
Considering your career prospect, you must first analyze the rank and reputation of the university you want to join. The students who failed to qualify IIT-JEE can always get into any state university or constituent college. Though taking admission in such universities is relatively easy, it doesn’t mean that the education imparted in these colleges is of low standard. In fact, these institutes are renowned for their quality education in the engineering domain. Some of the most reputed state institutes are:
1. Cochin University of Science & Technology (CUSAT)
2. College of Engineering, Anna University
3. Faculty of Tech & Engineering, MS University
4. Nirma Institute of Technology
Private Engineering Colleges in India
A large number of colleges in public sectors offer engineering courses in India. These colleges account for over 90% of the total engineering seats. Despite the fact that some colleges offer pretty good engineering programs, you must be cautious while choosing the right college.
Take up IIT-JEE again
Though there are numerous options left for you, yet if you are still unflinchingly passionate about getting into IIT, you can take up the challenge of cracking IIT-JEE again. In the light of your previous experience, you will be in a much better position to prepare adequately for the exam. As said, mistakes/failures are ladders to success; you can judge that you will not repeat the same which you had done earlier. This understanding will help you cope with the exam successfully.
Colleges Accepting Admissions through JEE Mains
Nearly 13 lakh students appear for the JEE Mains examination every year, but very small number of them qualify for the next phase of the JEE Advanced which is the gateway to IITs. The rest have the option of preparing themselves for a centralised counselling process to get into NITs, IITs, CFTI/SFTI and other private colleges giving admission on the basis of JEE Main ranks . A list of colleges is given below where you can apply with your JEE Main score:
National Institutes of Technology (NITs)
- NIT, Agartala (Tripura)
- NIT, Arunachal Pradesh
- NIT, Calicut (Kerala)
- NIT, Delhi
- NIT, Durgapur (West Bengal)
- NIT, Jaipur (Rajasthan)
- NIT, Patna (Bihar)
- NIT, Rourkela (Orissa)
- NIT, Srinagar (J&K)
- NIT, Surat (Gujarat)
- NIT, Surathkal (Karnataka)
- NIT, Trichy (Tamil Nadu)
- NIT, Warangal (Andhra Pradesh)
- Motilal Nehru NIT, Allahabad (U.P.)
- Maulana Azad NIT, Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh)
Following are some of the most reputed engineering colleges funded by state/central government which offer admissions through JEE Mains score:
- School of Planning and Architecture, I.P. Estate, New Delhi (Delhi)
- School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh)
- School of Planning and Architecture, I.P. Estate, New Delhi (SPA, Delhi)
- School of Planning and Architecture, Vijayawada (Andhra Pradesh)
- Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra (J & K)
- Tezpur University, NAPAAM, Tezpur (Assam)
- National Institute of Foundry & Forge Technology, P.O. Hatia, Ranchi (Jharkhand)
- Mizoram University, Aizawl (Mizoram)
- Institute of Infrastructure, Technology, Research & Management, Ahmadabad (Gujarat)
- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi (Jharkhand)
- Assam University, Silchar (Assam)
Even if you could not get into the colleges enlisted above, you still have the option to get admission in any of the below-mentioned colleges as these institutions are known as self-deemed university or colleges that accept admission on the basis of JEE results:
Amity School of Engineering, Amity University, Noida (UP)
- Amity School of Engineering, Amity University, Lucknow (UP)
- Amity School of Engineering, Amity University, Gurgaon (Haryana)
- Amity School of Engineering, Amity University, Jaipur (Rajasthan)
- Amity School of Engineering, Amity University, Gwalior (MP)
- ACME college of Engineering, Ghaziabad (UP)
- M M Engineering College, Ambala (Haryana)
- M M Group of Institute, Sodopur (Haryana)
- Maharishi Markendeshwar University, Solan (HP)
- Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phule University, Jaipur (Rajasthan)
- Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phule University, Jaipur (Rajasthan)
- Mewar University, Chittorgarh (Rajasthan)
- Jagannath University, Jaipur (Rajasthan)
- Jayoti Vidyapeeth Women’s University, Jaipur (Rajasthan)
- IAMR College of Engineering, Meerut (UP)
- Institute of Technology Management, Meerut (UP)
- Invertis University, Bareilly (UP)
- ITM University, Gwalior (MP)
- Bhagwant University, Ajmer (Rajasthan)
- Dr. KN Modi University, Newai (Rajasthan)
Thus, if you could not clear IIT JEE for any reason, you need not worry at all. There is no dearth of options if you set your goal and prepare yourself to brighten your career. The above given options will definitely assist you to make your choice according to your convenience. If you go for your chosen course and work hard on it, you will definitely do well to make your niche, thereby moving ahead in your professional career. And then, you will never repent for not clearing IIT JEE.