Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) on 26 February 2013 invited nominations for CSIR Diamond Jubilee Technology Awards (CDJTA) 2013. A team of Indian citizens or Company/ Organization can send in their nominations till 28 March 2013 for the technology that had originated in India or elsewhere with a major Indian component.
The award carries a cash award of Rs 10 lakh for a technology that originated in India or developed elsewhere with a significant Indian component by Any Indian Team (with Indian citizenship) or organization (with more than 50% of its shares owned by Indian citizens or entities).
The criteria for the aforesaid technology includes the following
- Anything which either created/ significantly contributed a new market helping large cross section of users and consumers
- Competes successfully in International market on grounds of novelty, price, quality, functionality and reliability
- A technology that not only raised capital of the company/ team but also enhanced brand equity or its image.
- Promotes employment in the country.
- A technology that helped in raising the standards of quality of life of its citizens.
Candidates/ organizations can send in their nominations in soft and hard copy latest by 28 March 2013 to Head, Planning and Performance Division (PPD), Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), Anusandhan Bhawan, 2 Rafi Marg, New Delhi-110 001.
CSIR India, a premier national R&D organisation, is among the world's largest publicly funded R&D organisation. Human Resource Development Group has been contributing significantly towards producing an inquiring society and fast growing knowledge economy.
For more details, visit CSIR Diamond Jubilee Technology Awards 2013