CSIR – Unit of Research and Development of Information Products has invited Applications for PG Diploma in Patinformatics (Patent Informatics) for the session 2014-15. Interest and eligible candidates may apply online before 20 June 2014 in the prescribed format.
CSIR-URDIP provides Patent Informatics (Patinformatics) services to wide spectrum of clients including start-up companies, SMEs, Research institutes within and outside CSIR, large Indian corporate and Multinational corporations including NGOs.
- Online application submission: 4 June 2014 – 20 June 2014
- Entrance examination: 6 July 2014
- Interview: 17-19 July 2014
- Declaration of results (on the web) 20-21 July 2014
- Last date for payment of course fees July 31 2014
- Course begins on 4 August 2014
Course Name: One year Full Time Post Graduate Diploma in field of Patinformatics
About Patinformatics: The term Patinformatics describes the science of searching, analysing and presenting patent information to identify relationships and trends that would not be apparent while working with patent documents on one-on-one basis. Patinformatics has been used for:
- Patent analysis
- Patent intelligence
- Patent mapping
No. Of Seats: 30
The distribution of seats will be as follows:
- Life Sciences- 6 seats
- Chemical and Pharmaceutical sciences – 10 seats
- Engineering- Eight seats (Mechanical Engg.-2, Electrical Engg.- 2, Computer Engg./IT-2, Other branches of Engg.-2)
- 6 Seats – Others (Physical Sciences/L.L.B/ Library Science)
Minimum qualification required is a Post Graduate Degree from recognized universities set up by an act of Parliament/state legislature/ approved by UGC. The candidate should have any one of the following:
- Masters Degree with minimum of 60% marks in any of the life sciences, chemical sciences and physical sciences
- M. Pharm. with minimum of 60% marks and GATE qualified
- B.E ( Min. 60% marks) and GATE qualified
- L.L.B with Science background (Min. 60% marks at B.Sc. and L.L.B)
- M. Lib. Sci. with graduation in science (Min.60% at each degree)
The selection will be made via written test followed by Personal Interview.
The entrance examination will be held on July 6, 2014 at four centres of Pune, Kolkata, Chennai and Delhi, whereas, the interviews will be held during July 17-19, 2014 at CSIR-URDIP, Pune.
The tuition fees for the complete course will be Rs. 50,000/ - payable in advance at the time of admission.
How to Apply
The applications have to be submitted online through CSIR-URDIP website (www.urdip.res.in).
The application form should be accompanied with an application fee of Rs 1000/- (Rs.500 in case of SC/ST candidates) to be paid in the SBI Power Jyoti account.