The prime reason behind the extension of DU application deadline is to grant more time to the foreign students to submit their applications. After the submission of application forms, foreign nationals, just like regular students from India, will have to undergo a detailed screening process through their respective departments. The Delhi University departments would look at the credibility of the application as well as the talent of the student to check if they qualify for admission on the basis of merit and number of seats on offer.
In the past a number of students from countries like Sri Lanka and Mauritius have shown their interest towards courses like B.Com (Hons) and Psychology (Hons) courses at Delhi University.
Delhi University saw a sharp rise in number of foreign applications received this year for undergraduate courses. Around 3300 students from outside India have submitted their application till now and the number is expected to increase further.
The University reserves 5% seats for foreign nationals in every course, college and department.
DU Admissions 2017: Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Students
Here are requirements for foreign nationals as listed by the university:
• No admission will be granted to students on Tourist Visa/ X-Visa
• English Proficiency certificate of TOEFL (minimum 70) or IELTS(minimum 6 band) scores is mandatory for foreign candidates at the time of submission of application form for admission in the University. If the candidate is unable to provide any of these scores/certificate or English proficiency certificate then the candidate may be asked to complete Intermediate level in the English proficiency course which is conducted by the Department of Adult & Continuing Education, University of Delhi in the first year of admission.
• The Equivalence of the degree/ School certificate may be procured by the applicant from the Association of Indian University (AIU) before submission of his/her application.
• It is mandatory for all foreign candidates to get medical insurance policy with evacuation clause (wherever mandatory) for admission to any programme in the University of Delhi and also to continue the same during the entire tenure of their studies in the University of Delhi.
• The students can apply online by creating a login id on Delhi University's official website. There is a common web portal for the centralized registration of the candidates and a common registration form for admission to all the programmes for foreign nationals in the University.
Considering the extension in the application deadline, the Delhi University is expecting a higher number of applications from foreign nationals. The increase in the number of foreign students on campus will definitely increase the diversity on campus.
For more such interesting updates regarding Delhi University Admissions 2017, please Click Here.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
DU Admission 2018: Registration window for Undergraduate courses available now
DU Admissions 2018:Online Application Form available now, check here to apply
SNAP Exam 2018: Registrations commences; Exam to be held in December
IIM Calcutta lowers CAT 2017 Cutoff weight to 56%; Academics to weight 40%