The economic current affairs quiz provides an insight view of the economy to the learner and to those who are preparing for major entrance examination like UPSC. SSC, Bank PO, MBA etc. It will help in enhancement of one’s knowledge of the economic happening around the globe.
1. According to the retail inflation data released by Central Statistics Office (CSO), on 21 August 2012, India’s Consumer Price Index (CPI) based retail inflation came down to _________ in July 2012.
Answer: (a) 9.86%
2. Which market regulator in August 2012 permitted seven Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs) to start operation in India under a newly formulated route that enable pooling of funds for investments in areas such as real estate, private equity and hedge funds.
c) Ministry of Finance
d) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
Answer: (b) SEBI
3. The high-level committee on external commercial borrowings (ECB),chaired by secretary, department of economic affairs Arvind Mayaram on ____________ decided to further liberalise the foreign borrowing norms.
a) 22 Aug 2012
b) 13 Aug 2012
c) 04 Aug 2012
d) 14 Aug 2012
Answer: (a) 22 Aug 2012
4. In a move aimed at encouraging investment sentiment in the country, the Union Finance Ministry on 22 August 2012 approved what percent foreign direct investment in insurance and pension sector.
Answer: (c) 49%
5. According to the data provided by the Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA) in August 2012, India's marine exports are likely to grow by over what percent year-on-year to USD 4.5 billion in 2012-13 fiscal.
Answer: (a) 28%
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .
Economy Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers December 2012, December 17-December 23
Economy Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers December 2012, December 10-December 16
Economy Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers November 2012, 26 November-2 December
Economy Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers November 2012, 19 November-25 November