- The Reserve Bank of India on 13 February 2015 announced that soon the currency notes of one rupees denomination will be in circulation. The notes will be printed by the Government of India.
- The Supreme Court of India on 13 February 2015 directed CBI to probe the role of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) in the multi-crore chit-fund scam. It has directed the CBI to investigate their role for effecting a mechanism.
- Union Government on 7 February 2015 decided to infuse 6990 crore rupees in nine Public Sector Banks to enhance their capital and meet global risk norms. The capital infusion was decided on the basis of performance of each bank.
- CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory (CSIR-NCL) on 5 February 2015 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Ltd (SPMCIL).
- Union Government on 30 January 2015 divested 10 percent of its stake in Maharatna Coal India Limited (CIL). With this, government’s share in CIL came down to 79.65 percent.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 30 January 2015 constituted a High Powered Committee to re-examine and recommend appropriate set of businesses, size, conversion and licensing terms for the Urban Cooperative Banking (UCB) Sector.
- Indian-origin scientist Gurpreet Singh was on 27 January 2015 presented with the prestigious National Science Foundation CAREER award. The award includes the prize money of 500000 US dollars.
- The Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) of Odisha Tarun Kanti Mishra on 12 February 2015 resigned from his position.
- Mobile application-based taxi aggregator Uber on 11 February 2015 had introduced two new India-specific safety features. The features include panic buttons and in-app tracking tools.
- Senior IPS officer Krishna Chaudhary on 11 February 2015 took charge as the Director General (DG) of the border guarding force Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP).
- The Union Minister for Social Justice & Empowerment, Thaawar Chand Gehlot on 11 February 2015 distributed the Dr. Ambedkar National Merit Awards. The awards were given away to 84 Students belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes category.
- The book Fragile Frontiers: The Secret History of Mumbai Terror Attacks was written by SK Rath. The book was published by Routledge, London and simultaneously published in India and the United States in August 2014.
- Sanjay Mathur resigned as Vice-President of Global Technology Centres, Asia Pacific at Cisco Systems in the first week of February 2015.
- Parle Products on 12 February 2015 launched its nationwide Litter Free Campaign to urge consumers to show garbage its place.
- Pfizer on 6 February 2015 announced to acquire Hospira for 17 billion US dollar. Hospira Inc is a provider of injectable drugs and infusion technologies.
- BT Group Plc on 5 February 2015 acquired UK wireless carrier EE Limited for 19 billion US dollar. Orange SA and Deutsche Telekom AG, will receive as much as 6.2 billion US dollar in cash and the remainder in new BT shares
- ICICI Bank Limited on 12 February 2015 tied up with global payment solutions company UAE Exchange to offer an instant bank transfer service named FLASHremit.
- The Board of Directors of Grasim Industries Limited on 11 February 2015 approved the proposed merger of Aditya Birla Chemicals (India) Limited (ABCIL) with Grasim.
- Popular news gathering app, Flipboard on 12 February 2015 launched a Web Browser Version of its software for PC. Users can log in to the new web version to access the same curated content as on their mobile platforms.
- Microsoft on 11 February 2015 acquired Sunrise for 100 million US dollars. Sunrise is the maker of one of the top calendar apps for iOS and Android.
- Star India Pvt. Ltd on 11 February 2015 acquired the Telugu television channel network Maa Television Network Ltd (MTNL) including its brand, assets and four channels for an undisclosed amount.
- Reliance Communications Limited (RCOM) on 10 February 2015 tied-up with social networking giant Facebook to offer free internet access to people in India through the Facebook's initiative, Internet.org.
- ICICI Bank on 10 February 2015 launched India’s first digital Bank on mobile phone, Pockets. This digital e-wallet can be downloaded from Google Playstore.
- Google on 2 February 2015 appointed a panel of experts to advise it on a European court ruling ordering it to remove some personal information from search results is leaning toward limiting the application to European websites only.
- Arvind Kejriwal on 14 February 2015 was sworn-in as Chief Minister of Delhi.
- Union Government on 12 February 2015 approved revised Guidelines for Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY).
- Union Government on 12 February 2015 issued new guidelines for the States to combat the H1N1 (swine flu) outbreak. It asked the States to categorise cases for screening, isolation and hospitalization.
- A unique web-based tool, named Atrocity Tracking and Monitoring (ATM) System was launched in second week of February 2015. The tool was launched with an aim to monitor atrocities perpetrated against Dalits and Adivasis and to deliver timely and speedy justice.
- World Radio Day was observed globally on 13 February 2015 with the theme Youth and Radio.
- The United Arab Emirates (UAE) on 14 February 2015 has closed its embassy in Yemen and evacuated staff over security concerns after a Shiite militia seized power.
- The Russian Central Bank in the end of January 2015 announced to cut its key interest rate from 17 percent to 15 percent following the fear of recession.
- The Reporters Without Borders (RWB) on 12 February 2015 released the World Press Freedom Index (WPFI) 2015. In the WPFI 2015, India was placed at 136th position out of 180 nations that were surveyed worldwide in terms of press freedom.
- The US on 11 February 2015 have announced the formation of a new cyber security agency, The new Cyber Threat Intelligence Integration Center (CTIIC), to respond to enhanced cyber threats.
- Virat Kohli on 15 February 2015 became the first Indian cricketer to score a century against Pakistan in the ICC World Cup.
- Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt on 14 February 2015 announced that he will retire from athletics after the 2017 World Championships in London.
- Middle-distance runner Tintu Lukka on 13 february 2015 won gold in 800m in 35th National Games.
- Indian men’s football team captain Sunil Chhetri and striker Bala Devi on 13 February 2015 were awarded with the All India Football Federations (AIFF) 2014 Player of the Year trophy in men and women category, respectively.