- Raghuram Rajan, the Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 15 May 2014 announced that plastic currency notes will be launched in 2015 after field trials. He said it after the Central Board of Directors of the RBI Meet in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.
- Kasturirangan Task Force on Waste to Energy submitted its report on 14 May 2014 to the Planning Commission. The report highlighted the need for an integrated approach towards Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) management, stressing reduction and segregation of waste at source and also efficient utilization of various components of the waste.
- Nitish Kumar, the Chief Minister of Bihar resigned from his office on 17 May 2014. He tendered his resignation to the Governor of Bihar Dnyandeo Yashwantrao Patil after his party Janata Dal United was able to win only two seats of the 40 in the 16th Lok Sabha elections.
- Captain Krishnan Nair, founder of Leela Group of Hotels died on 17 May 2014 in Mumbai. He died at the age of 91. He received the Padma Bhushan award in 2010.
- Ashwin B. Pandya on 15 May 2014 was appointed as the Chairman of the Central Water Commission & ex-officio Secretary of the Government of India. He was holding the additional charge of the post since November 2013.
- The largest flawless blue diamond of World and a rare Mughal necklace were auctioned by Christie on 14 May 2014 in Geneva. The sale is expected to fetch a total of 80 million US dollar.
- VRV Sriprasad was appointed as the new Managing Director (MD) of Volvo Buses India on 14 May 2014 by Volvo Bus Corporation. He will succeed Manish Sahi, who took the position as the Director-International business, Volvo Buses India.
- Justice BS Chauhan, the Judge of the Supreme Court of India on 14 May 2014 was appointed as the Chairman of the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal (CWDT). Justice Chauhan will succeed Justice NP Singh.
- Major General Kristin Lund of Norway became the first-ever woman to head a UN Peacekeeping Force in its entire history. She was appointed as the Force Commander of UN Peacekeeping Force in Cyprus (UNFICYP) on 12 May 2014 to mark its 50th anniversary in 2014.
- Asia's biggest milk brand Amul on 14 May 2014 announced to set up a dairy processing plant in Varanasi. The plant will initially process five lakh litres per day with the capacity to double the production.
- Mobile phone industry giants Apple and Google on 16 May 2014 agreed to settle Smartphone Patent war. Both the companies have agreed to work together in some areas of patent reform.
- Sundaram BNP Paribas Fund Services in third week of May 2014 was awarded with International Standards for Assurance Engagements (ISAE) Type II certification for maintaining high quality operating model and having effective control systems.
- MTS announced on 14 May 2014 that it will provide free Wi-Fi in Gurgaon Rapid Metro Rail for six months. The service will be experienced by 30000 daily commuters.
- Indian Pharma major Cipla Limited on 11 May 2014 announced to invest in US based Chase Pharmaceuticals to develop Alzheimer's drug.
- Indsur Group based in Mumbai on 12 March 2014 announced acquisition of a leading British thermal engineering company CDA Contracts Ltd. The process of acquisition by Indsur Group was completed by its UK-headquartered Indsur Nevron Eurotherm Ltd. The amount of acquisition was not declared.
- Moldova and Georgia on 13 May 2014 agreed to sign European Union (EU) Association Agreement on 27 June 2014. The President of the European Council Herman Van Rompuy revealed this in Tbilisi, the capital of Georgia.
- The European Court on 13 May 2014 ruled that Google must amend some of its search results at the request of ordinary people when they show links to outdated, irrelevant information.
“Jagran Josh also helps to get information about Top MBA Institutes based upon your choice of Location and Specialization. Click here to get details & the Best Seller “MBA Pedia” eBook, absolutely FREE.