Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission on 29 January 2015 issued notification for H.P. Administrative Combined Competitive Examination 2014 commonly known as Himachal PCS Exam. The exam will consist of three successive stages- Prelims, Main and Viva-Voce.
Himachal PCS Prelims Exam 2014 will consist of two papers based on objective type and multiple type questions. Paper I (General Studies) and Paper II (Aptitude Test) both will have 100 questions and will be of 200 marks. The duration for Paper I and Paper II will be 2 hours each.
There will be penalty for wrong answers. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one third of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
Syllabus for Paper-I General Studies (Code No.01)
1. History, geography, political, art & culture and socioeconomic development of Himachal Pradesh.
2. Currents events of national and international importance.
3. History of India and Indian national movement.
4. Indian and World Geography- physical, social, economic geography of India and the world.
5. Indian polity and governance – Constitution, political system, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues, etc.
6. Economic and social development– sustainable development poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives, etc.
7. General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate Change–that do not require subject specialization.
8. General science.
Syllabus for Paper-II Aptitude Test (Code No.02)
2. Interpersonal skills including communication skills
3. Logical reasoning and analytical ability
4. Decision making and problem solving
5. General mental ability
6. Basic numeracy : numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation : charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc (Class X level)
7. English Language comprehension skills (Class X level)
HPPSC Recruitment 2018 for 71 Horticulture Development Officer Posts
HPPSC Recruitment 2018 for 100 Assistant Professor and Other Posts, Last Day Today
HPPSC Recruitment 2018: Apply for 31 Assistant District Attorney, Law Officer and Lecturer Posts
HPPSC Recruitment 2018, Apply for 2 Driver (Class IV) Posts