Hindustan Shipyard Limited (HSL) invited applications for recruitment of Semi-skilled workmen in various Trades. The candidates are advised to send their applications in the prescribed format before the last date of the application, 24 April 2014. The Hindustan Shipyard Ltd, Visakhapatnam was set up in the year 1941 by the Scindia Steam Navigation Company. The Shipyard was partially taken over by Govt. of India in 1952, and HSL became a fully Govt of India owned enterprise in Jul 1961. Presently, this is the largest public sector shipyard in the country and the first yard to obtain ISO 9001-2000 accreditation. Recently, the yard has obtained certificate of approval of ISO 9001-2008 Certification from IRQS on 09 Nov 2012.
Last Date for receipt of Application Form: 24 April 2014
Details of the Posts
Name of the Posts:
• Welders in SMAW, CO2 (MIG-MAG) & TIG welding: 42
• Turners: 5
• Fitters (incl. Structural Fitters): 25
• Carpenters: 2
• Machinists: 3
• Plumbers: 10
• Electricians: 15
• Crane Operators: 3
Total Number of Vacancies: 105
• Candidate maximum age should be 28 years as on 1 April 2014.
• Relaxation of Age in case of reserved categories will be given as per Govt. Rules.
• In case of internal employees engaged on direct contract by HSL and presently on rolls, age relaxation will be allowed.
Educational Qualifications: SSC or Equivalent, ITI in the relevant trades with National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) Examination in concerned trade conducted by NCVT of the Directorate General of Employment and Training, Ministry of Labour, Govt. of India. Ex. HSL Apprentice Training with NAC will be given preference and Driving Licence for heavy vehicle and practical experience in operating all types of cranes including EOT cranes.
Pay Scale: Rs.6,970-13,700+other admissible allowances
Candidates will be selected on the basis of Interview.
How to Apply
• Eligible candidates may apply through prescribed application format which can be downloaded from the notification or website.
• Application Form, duly complete in all respect, along with One recent passport size photograph, attested copies of all the relevant certificates including SC/ST/OBC Caste Certificate/PH Certificate, if applicable, Certificates of proof of previous experience/employment should be sent through Postal/Courier services only to the Dy. General Manager (Pers. & Admn), Hindustan Shipyard Ltd., Gandhigram (PO), Visakhapatnm-530005 on or before 24 April 2014.
• The envelope containing the application should be superscribed on top as Advertisement Reference No. and Post applied for____.