Hiring trends 2018: A thorough analysis of the future job market
Hiring process is all set to grow in 2018 in healthcare, FMCG and IT industries.
The year 2017 was a mixed bag of opportunities for job seekers. Factors such as GST and demonetization had their impacts on the job market, putting a break on the corporate hiring process. The sectors that were majorly affected in 2017 were FMCG, Automobile, Real Estate, Retail and Healthcare.
The IT industry also felt the heat due to the Visa restrictions in USA. Automation was another factor for the slowdown in hiring process in the IT industry.
Now, that’s a thing of past and we are now in 2018. Let’s see how the job market is expected to behave this New Year:
IT and E-Commerce Industry – Job roles that will be in demand
- AI engineers will be in great demand in 2018
- Full Stack Developers for building innovative products will have a great future ahead
- UI and UX engineers with designing background to engage the young user base will have a bright future in coming years
- Big Data analytics professionals will also be in demand seeing the need for tracking user behaviour
However, all these roles need fresh training as per the changing market trends. So, be flexible and adaptive to the frequent industry changes.
Skill set that will be in demand in IT & E-Commerce Industry
- Computer Aided engineering is the skill set that you will need to excel in the IT & E-commerce Industry from now onwards
- Demand for Power train engineering for IT industry will also rise in 2018
- Skills from the area of research and development is expected to rise exponentially in the coming time
Healthcare Industry – Job roles that will be in demand in 2018
There will be a moderate growth in the healthcare industry 2018. No big change is expected to hit this industry in coming times.
- Regulatory professionals especially with European and US market experience will be in demand. This is due to the growing phase of Pharma industry in the international market.
- There will be a rise in collection and homecare professionals from the healthcare & diagnostics industry
FMCG and Banking Industry – Job prospects in 2018
- Channel management and rural sales professionals will be in demand in 2018 as FMCG companies and banks need to extend their reach and market share. Mobile as a medium has made advertising easy; however, they still need to take care of distribution work with precision.
- Talking about supply chain professionals from FMCG companies, the procurement and supply chain work in India is still complex and powerful.
The overall viewpoint
If we combine all the sectors in terms of demand, here is what it looks like:
- Analytics professionals from every sector will be in demand
- Full Stack Developers from IT Industry will have a great year ahead
- Battery Management Systems Engineers from manufacturing industry will be in high demand
- AI Engineers will always be valued in the years ahead
- Supply Chain and Rural Sales professionals from FMCG companies will be in demand as well
As compared to 2017, 2018 will be the year of ample job opportunities. Importantly, you should be aware of the fact that you need to keep updating your key skills as per the rapid industry changes to match the pace of the market challenges.
That’s all you could expect in terms of job opportunities in 2018. In case, you have any doubts in regard to your career or skills, please feel free to write down your views in the comment box below. You can also share this article in your circle to let your friends know about the job opportunities in 2018.