Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) declared IAS Main (written) Exam 2013 Results on 12 March 2014. IAS Main (Written) Exam was conducted in the first week of December 2013. IAS Interview is most important stage of selection because in just half an hour you have to showcase your suitability to the job without having any second chance. One answer can change the course of coming questions and also one answer can change the perception about the candidates. So each and every word counts in the interview.
First of all the candidates should understand that the Interview is a stage for selection of the most appropriate person for the job. It does not mean that the interview only meant for the rejection. In reality UPSC also wants to select bright candidates for the services.
- The Candidates should work on their Personal Details submitted with UPSC.
- The Candidates should know each and every aspect of the Locality, City, and State of their residence.
- The candidates should also do the deep research about their School in which they studied
- The candidates should also do a thorough research about any famous entity of their city or state of residence.
- The Candidates should also a deep background research of Hobbies and Interests mentioned in the Personal Details submitted with UPSC
- The candidates should know the background of his/her Father and Mother’s occupation and the Industry
- The candidates should keep his/her cool and calmness , there is no need to panic
- The candidates should practice mock interviews either with their friends or Seniors
- The candidates should prepare the problems arising in the day to day machinery of the government
- The candidates should know the basic Federal structure of India as enshrined in our Constitution in its entirety because some issues always remain in news related to the Federal structure of our Country
- Increase in Judicial Activism has changed the perception of Judiciary in the mind of Public. So the questions related to Judicial Activism should also be prepared
- Recent News and their Background should be thoroughly because the Board members ask the fact and the policy point of view hidden behind the Event or the Government Decision
- The Candidates should keep track of the important International Events and their Backgrounds. Sometimes the events has been asked which resulted into the International Events
- The Candidates should know about the latest developments in their optional subjects
- The candidates should prepare the Basic Concept of their Optional Subject on their tips.