International Relation has become a crucial part of IAS Main (Written) Exam General Studies in new pattern of IAS Main (Written) Exam. Many questions were asked from this section in IAS Main (Written) Exam 2013 General Studies Paper II. Candidates must have strong command over the various issues related to the neighboring countries of India and various international political incidences which have implications for India. Following are important topics for IAS Main (Written) Exam 2014:
• India and its Relations with its neighboring countries Bangladesh, Pakistan, Srilanka, Afghanistan, Myanmar, Nepal, Bhutan
• PM recent visit to Bhutan and its implication for India, Importance of Bhutan for India
• Indian and China relations and various issues of conflicts between two countries.
• Recent developments in domestic politics of neighboring countries such as political instability and crisis.
• Indian and African countries-various political issues and turmoils in Egypt, Sudan, Nigeria, Tunisia etc
• India and Japan relations
• India and Latin American countries -various political and other developments in Latin American countries such Venezuela, Brazil.Chile and implications for india etc
• Role of India in politics of its neighboring countries.
• Indian and Israel relationships, Recent developments and its implications for Indian independent foreign policy
• Various issue such Ukraine, ISIS and reactions from India.
• Importance of India in BRICS countries and Role of BRICS in International Politics.
• India-USA-China relations, agreements implications for future political stability
• Indian Diaspora
International section of IAS Main (Written) Exam General Studies II demands intensive and extensive study. Candidates should not rely on different notes and magazines. Instead, candidate can go with the standard books and news updates. Current happenings and initiatives are of paramount importance for scoring good marks in this section.