UPSC conducted the IAS prelim exam 2013 on 26 May. The exam consisted of 2 papers; paper 1 and paper 2(CSAT). There were 100 questions in paper 1. It was earlier known as General Studies. The time duration was of 2 hours(From 9:30 am to 11:30 am). The question paper carried 200 marks. There was penalty for wrong answers. The questions were asked from several areas like
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance - Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics,
- Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require
- subject specialization.
- General Science.
IAS prelims 2013 paper 1 will be beneficial for those who didn’t appear for the exam. It will help them to analyse the question paper to upgrade their exam preparation for the upcoming competitive exams especially civil services exams.